Apparently that’s the new slogan for Korea tourism. Wandered around Namdaemun today. My strategy when exploring Seoul is this:
- Begin with a target destination
- Attempt to get there via Metro
- Once I’m within the general vicinity, I wander aimlessly for hours
- When my feet get tired, I find a main road and walk until I find a subway station.
- Once I find a station, I figure out where I am, and how to get back to Koroot.
It seems to work pretty well for me, though I’m not sure I would recommend this approach to everyone. A downside is that when I find a cool place, chances are, I’ll never be able to find it again. In 2007, I found this awesome wholesale pet clothing store, and I’ve always searched for it on my subsequent trips to no avail.